Roger Linn Design has released AdrenaLinn Sync 2, an update to Linn's software beat-synced effects plugin.
Version 2 has been completely rewritten with the help of Way Out Ware's Jim Heinz, creator of the TimeWArp 2600 & KikAxxe.
Here's what's new:
- Warm, punchy and faithful emulations of analog lowpass, bandpass and hipass filters, as well as superb analog
- phasor and flanger emulations. The flanger is excellent at tuned resonances and the phasor can provide beautiful clangorous tones when highly resonant, for presets like Toy Piano and Steel Drum Ensemble.
- 3D rendered user interface, mimics the controls and textures of the AdrenaLinn III pedal. Highly functional control layout clearly shows audio and modulation paths.
- 100 new presets, optimized for the new V2 filters, and now able to be selected or saved from the plug-in's panel. 28 empty preset slots are also included for saving your own presets.
- Noise source for Self-Generated Noise Beats and Synth Loops -- Use noise with the sequencer to create synthesized drumbeats or self-generating synthesized loops.
- Full Stereo Signal Path -- Maintain full stereo from input to output.
- Snap To Scale-- Snap the modulation signals to 14 different musical scales. How about random resonances in the C pentatonic scale? Or an LFO glissando, slowly sweeping through the spectrum and emphasizing only notes in the D Major scale as it moves.
- Tube-Modeled Distortion -- A very warm and smooth distortion with pre-hipass and post-lowpass filters. Surprisingly versatile; using only these simple controls, a wide variety of amp sounds can be achieved.
- Stereo Beat-Synced Delay up to 32 Seconds / 8 Bars -- Play 8 bars of accompaniment, then listen to it while playing 8 bars of solo, then listen to that solo while adding another 8 bars of chords, and so on. With Feedback at full, it loops indefinitely.
- Limiter improved for faster attack and greater transparency -- Levels out resonant filter peaks and also adds sustain, providing longer chords and notes for the rhythmic effects to chop and slice.
- Unlike the original version, version 2 no longer uses Cycling 74's Pluggo technology. This means that unlike the original AdrenaLinn Sync release, version 2 works fine in Cubase and also in Live 8 when Max For Live is installed.
Pricing and Availability
You can download a 14-day demo via the Roger Linn Design site. An unlock key is $99.