Here's the press release...
Sonoma Wire Works' FourTrack multitrack audio recorder for the iPhone® and iPod touch® has been updated to 4.0 adding powerful new features including file import, AudioCopy, input monitoring, the GuitarJack™ control panel and Taylor EQ. FourTrack 4.0 empowers musicians to easily produce high quality recordings wherever inspiration strikes.
FourTrack 4.0 New Features:
- File Import: Import audio into FourTrack by opening an audio email attachment or by dragging audio files into FourTrack's File Sharing area under Apps in iTunes. Supports wav, mp3 and aiff formats. FourTrack's Sessions folder can now be dragged out of iTunes to the desktop. These features require iOS 4.0 and iTunes 9.2 or above.
- AudioCopy: Copy a track or a mix in FourTrack. Name a copy to easily identify it in the AudioCopy history list of up to 12 items which includes audio previews. Paste to another track in FourTrack, to another song in FourTrack, to any AudioPaste enabled app, and to apps that support Apple's general pasteboard.
- Input Monitoring: Use FourTrack's settings tool to enable/disable input monitoring. Input monitoring is enabled when a track is armed and in either Pause or Record mode. Playback of existing tracks overrides input monitoring. When input monitoring is on, sliders on armed tracks are enabled and control the monitor mix.
- GuitarJack Control Panel - Adjust the input settings of the new GuitarJack audio accessory for compatible iOS devices. Select from 1/4", stereo 1/8" or both inputs simultaneously, and adjust input levels with 60dB of analog gain control. FourTrack remembers GuitarJack settings. Settings are maintained by the GuitarJack while powered, and it can be used by most apps that do recording or playback such as tuners, amp models, and more. When a stereo mode is selected, tracks will arm in pairs (1&2 or 3&4).
- TaylorEQ - Sonoma Wire Works teamed with Taylor Guitars to create an input EQ for enhancing the FourTrack recordings of Taylor Guitars or any acoustic guitar. Select from a range of Taylor body styles in basic mode, or select the Advanced tab to adjust the 6 band parametric equalizer manually.
- ARM Optimized Audio Engine - Hand optimized assembly code makes this the fastest running FourTrack release ever.
- Higher Resolution Graphics: Optimized for the iPhone 4 Retina Display.
The FourTrack multitrack audio recorder is a songwriting and practice tool for singers, guitar players, piano players and other musicians who want to capture musical ideas and record songs on their iPhone and iPod touch (2nd generation and above). Plug in a microphone, arm a track, record, and repeat. FourTrack works with the iPhone built-in microphone or a headset mic. WiFi sync allows FourTrack recordings to be transferred to any desktop computer either by launching RiffWorks recording software and clicking import, or by downloading the tracks with a browser, then importing them into any recording software (DAW). FourTrack is developed by Sonoma Wire Works, makers of RiffWorks™ guitar recording software, and by The Retronyms, makers of Recorder, the top selling voice recorder for the iPhone and iPod touch.
The GuitarJack audio accessory for compatible iOS devices connects a wide range of instruments, microphones, and other audio hardware to the iPod touch® (2nd and 3rd generation), iPhone 3GS and iPhone 3G (in airplane mode) via 1/4 inch instrument and 1/8 inch stereo mic/line inputs. Addressing the most frequent request from musicians who use FourTrack, GuitarJack makes both level control and input monitoring possible when using a GuitarJack enhanced app. GuitarJack is not compatible with iPhone 4, iPad™ or iPod touch 4th generation.
Pricing and Availability:
GuitarJack is priced at $199 MSRP
FourTrack is available in the iTunes App store for $9.99.