Here's the Roland press release...
Roland U.S. is proud to announce the Guitar Synth Challenge online video contest, where forward-thinking musicians who stretch the boundaries of guitar performance will be able to show their creativity with Roland's industry-leading guitar synthesizer technology.
Start by submitting a video performance with any Roland GR, GI or GM series guitar synthesizer, and the result could be $3,000 in any BOSS and Roland gear of your choice.
How To Enter:
- Create an original music performance video that is five minutes or less, relying primarily on a Roland guitar synthesizer product (any GR, GM, or GI series model).
- Upload video to YouTube™, and make sure the title begins with "Roland Guitar Synth Challenge."
- Fill out the contest registration form at RolandUS.com/GuitarSynthChallenge.
- Entries will be judged and selected by Roland, who will be looking at the creativity, musicianship, and technical skill of the performance.
- Grand Prize: $3,000 retail value of Roland and BOSS gear
- 2nd Place: $2,000 retail value of Roland and BOSS gear
- 3rd Place: $1,000 retail value of Roland and BOSS gear
Pricing and Availability:
The Guitar Synth Challenge is open now through December 31, 2010. This contest is open to U.S. residents only.