Been a bit of a buzz about this all around after a reported leak made it onto CreateDigitalMusic, then Ms Tara Busch chipped in, after all, she's a Moog endorsee, so she would know.
Then this video shows up on with Richard Devine and the Filtatron....
Turns out the speculation was correct - the iOS application FilterTron features several modules with a distinctly Phatty look. These are:
- Moog Ladder Filter – 4 pole resonant Moog Ladder Filter, with Lowpass and Highpass modes
- and adjustable cutoff and resonance parameters.
- Oscillator – a high-resolution, alias-free DSP oscillator with sawtooth and square waveforms,
- adjustable frequency from 0.3 Hz to 2kHz.
- LFO – five waveforms: sine, ramp, sawtooth, square, sample & hold, with crossfade and morph between adjacent LFO shapes.
- Envelope Follower – uses the volume envelope of sound inputs to sweep the filter, with
- controls for amount and speed.
- Amp and Delay FX Modules – Amp provides warm, smooth overdrive with feedback control. Delay can be modulated by its own LFO (with rate and depth controls) and delay time is smoothly interpolated for analog-style delay time tweaks.
- File Sharing – Easily move audio files back and forth between the Filtatron and your computer.
- Audio Copy and Audio Paste enables sharing audio between the Filtatron and other compatible apps. Built-in email function allows sharing presets with other Filtatron users.
- Record and Playback – All audio processed in stereo, 16bit, 44.1kHz resolution. Filtatron will record samples up to 10MB. Tap and Drag sets start and end points for seamless looping. Playback control can be adjusted from double-speed playback all the way down through zero to double-speed reverse.
Available October 18th in the Apple App Store $4.99