Here's the press release...
Rebuilt from the ground up by Avid's acclaimed software development teams, Torq 2.0 is a high-performance solution featuring advanced professional features and new flexible workflow options for creative DJ performance and real-time remixing and production. New features in Torq 2.0 include:
- Four virtual decks with EQ, level control, headphone cueing and crossfade--enable customers to play four tracks at once to create unique, complex and dynamic mixes.
- Traq Morph™ technology--patent pending innovation blends music tracks in exciting new ways by intelligently applying audio effects during crossfade.
- Open, flexible workflows--provide DJs with the flexibility to use the software with M-Audio Xponent® and Conectiv® DJ and third-party hardware, or stand-alone without any hardware at all.
- Updated user interface and database--gives users the ability to sort through tens of thousands of tracks, including Apple iTunes Store libraries, to quickly create distinctive mixes.
- 13 built-in effects and VST effect support--enable customers to reinvent sound by stacking up to four simultaneous built-in effects and one VST effect per deck, allowing for up to 20 effects at once.
- Advanced recording options--empower DJs with the ability to capture their entire performance with an integrated performance recorder for distribution or editing. As a result of ReWire, they can also create, mix and record with Pro Tools or third-party DAWs, bringing their DJ performance to the studio environment.
Pricing and Availability:
Torq 2.0 will be available worldwide via digital download on February 8, 2011 for 249.99 USD/159.95 GBP/189 EUR ex vat/tax. The boxed version of Torq 2.0 will be available later in Q1.