Mucoder has released a free beta download of Tonespace 2.0 - an alternative music controller app for Mac, Windows & Linux.
It supports over 50 different grids, 14 scales, 18 keys, 30+ chord types and 10 chord voicings. it can function as a VST or Audio Unit plugin, processing incoming MIDI events and/or generating outgoing MIDI.
New In Tonespace 2.0:
- Cross-platform support: Win32 (VST, standalone), MacOSX (VST, AU, standalone), Linux (native VST, standalone).
- No host required: Standalone executable version for all platforms.
- Generates its own sound. Integrated synth with PADSynth sound.
- Quick start: Demo with built-in midi tracks.
- Extra chord assist modes: play chord unrestricted (anywhere in grid), play restricted (chord root note must fit scale/key cell) or play filtered (chord notes not in scale/key are filtered out).
- Better control over mouse cell triggering: retrigger notes when dragging across cell border, hold notes when dragging (use this with midi input) or hold notes until next click.
- Hypercyclic and tonespace now share the same underlying modular engine.
You can preview a demo of Tonespace 2.0 above.