Capsulated Software has updated its iOS DJ app, Cue Play DJ, to version 1.6.
Version 1.6 includes scratching, in-app recording and an advanced hot cue system.
Here's what's new......
For all devices:
- Kill/Punch/Slam buttons
- added the ability to search for tracks/artists by typing in text.
- added punch/kill/slam buttons; to punch in/cut out tracks or slam the crossfader across.
- added a crossfader on the horizontal screen.
- added a new low/high pass filter.
- cue points can now be added from the Hot Cue panel via ADD buttons.
- double tapping the crossfader will move it to the centre.
- a track that has been played during your DJ set will be coloured in RED.
- track length is displayed on the load screen.
- beat grids can now be adjusted in 0.02 BPM increments (was 0.1)
- fixed the WiFi transmission mode bug. WiFi
- fixed the QuickGuide bug.
- if a track fails to import from the iPod library, the exact reason why will now be displayed.
New features for 3GS, iPod 3, Phone 4, iPod 4 and iPad only:
- rewritten audio engine
- the waveform now has momentum, so a quick flick will result in something similar to a backspin/forward spin
- iPod import speed (with no BPM calculation) is now 10x faster.
- iPod import speed (with BPM calculation) is now 2x faster.
- waveforms are now drawn ‘live’ not prerendered, fixing a waveform offset bug
- when zoomed in, you can adjust the zoom level to display either 2, 4 or 6 seconds of audio data on screen.
- when zoomed out, you can tap anywhere on the waveform to instantly skip to that location
- the waveform is updated 20 times per second (was originally 10)
- the VU LEDs now flash at 30 times per second (was originally 10)
New features for iPhone 4, iPod 4 and iPad only
Bug fix for iPhone 4/iPod 4
Pricing and Availability
Cue Play DJ is available now in the App Store for US $9.99. A free "Lite" version is also available.