Developer Takashi Mizuhiki has released an updated version of DXi, the Yamaha DX-style synth for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
DXi is a FM synthesizer app, inspired by Yamaha's FM synths of the 80's.
- 4 operators FM synthesizer
- 8 algorithms
- Envelope, frequency (Ratio or Fixed) can be set each operators.
- Feedback control on operator number 4.
- 2 master effects (LPF with Resonance and Delay)
- Import/Export function to save the tone you created. (URL schema text string format)
- Audio recording function. And you can transport recorded audio file, .wav, onto Mac/PC via iTunes file sharing.
- Clipboard audio sharing support. You can export recorded waveform to other application via clipboard. It's compatible with Intua's clipboard.
The latest update includes an improved user interface and bug fixes.
Pricing and Availability
DXi is US $1.99 in the App Store.