PreSonus is now shipping Universal Control 1.5, the latest version of its control-panel software for FireStudio-series interfaces and StudioLive-series mixers. Here's their press release with all the details...
The new version features a free firmware update for the StudioLive 16.4.2 digital mixer adds extra signal-processing power to all StudioLive 16.4.2 mixers currently in use.
This free update provides three important new features:
This firmware update is field upgradeable.
- SIX MORE GRAPHIC EQs. In addition to its stereo graphic EQ on the main output bus, StudioLive 16.4.2s now have six mono graphic EQs dedicated to the mixer's six aux sends -- perfect for custom monitor or in-ear mixes
- SPEAKER DELAY x 4. Each StudioLive 16.4.2 subgroup output now has a variable (2 to 500 ms) delay for synchronizing signals sent to remote speakers. (StudioLive 24.4.2 mixers already have this feature.)
- AUX FLIP MODE. Each Aux on the StudioLive 16.4.2 now has sends from Aux inputs A and B, the FXA and FXB returns, the Tape In, and the main FireWire return from the computer. As with the StudioLive 24.4.2, this mode is accessed by pressing the Aux Mix buttons twice. For users who wish to update their StudioLive 16.4.2 Fat Channel to reflect the additional sends, PreSonus will have an Aux Flip Mode overlay sticker available through its Web store and its international distributors. The sticker will be available for a nominal shipping and handling charge.
Also new in Universal Control 1.5:
- VSL now offers a split scrolling view on the Fat Channel tab so you can scroll through either input channels or the Fat Channel.
- VSL now offers collapsible auxes, allowing full fader view on lower-resolution screens.
Pricing and Availability: