Virsyn has announced the release of iVoxel 1.4. for iPhone and iPad. Here's what they have to say in their press release...
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder for iPhone/iPod and iPad - the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine going far beyond the capabilities of traditional and software vocoders on any platform.
iVoxel lets you:
- Speak or sing into your head set mic transforming your voice in a wide variety of ways.
- Record words, syllables or other sounds into the voxel dictionary for later reuse.
- Play different voxels live on the keyboard with ingenious pitch bending.
- Arrange and play melodies with the built in sequencer and add the lyrics from a user expandable dictionary of voxels.
iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder with an unprecedented intelligibility. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists - one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
New Features in version 1.4:
- Use any CoreMIDI compatible MIDI keyboard with the iPad version.
- The level of each filter band can be individually adjusted.
- Quantize pitch function for onscreen keyboard play.
- New Delay effect mode "Cross" allows for stereo bouncing.
- Polyphonic play retriggers voxel.
Pricing and Availability: