Developed in association with Eddie Kramer, the MPX Master Tape plug-in is modeled on a rare machine consisting of an Ampex 350 transport and 351 electronics. Here's what Waves has to say about it...
With adjustable tape speed, bias, flux, wow & flutter, and noise parameters, the MPX provides comprehensive control over the contours of your sound. And to top it off, we've added a flexible slap & feedback delay, ideal for rock, dance, dub, you name it. For recording, mixing, mastering, and more, bring the richness and warmth of real tape saturation to your DAW with the MPX Master Tape. It's the reel deal.
- Modeled on the Ampex 350/351 1/4" reel-to-reel
- Adjustable tape speed, bias, flux, wow & flutter
- Slap & feedback delay
- Up to 24bit 96kHz resolution
- Mono and Stereo components
- Supports TDM, RTAS, Audio Suite, VST, AU
- PC and Mac compatible
- SPEED selects the simulated tape speed.
- MONITOR selects the monitoring mode.
- BIAS controls the level of the ultrasonic bias signal.
- VU METER displays input or output level.
- VU CALIBRATION controls the VU meter headroom calibration.
- DELAY TIME controls the time of the tape delay effect, with settings for 7.5 ips (266 milliseconds) and 15 ips (133 ms).
- DELAY TYPE toggles between delay modes.
- FEEDBACK controls the amount of the delayed output signal.
- LOWPASS controls the LP cutoff frequency on the delay path.
- RECORD LEVEL controls the input level.
- LINK I/O links Record and Playback Levels controls.
- PLAYBACK LEVEL controls the total signal output level.
- FLUX controls the level of simulated magnetic radiation emitted from the record head.
- WOW & FLUTTER controls the speed and gain modulations and fluctuations.
- NOISE controls the level of added modeled noise but not noise modulations and signal additive noise.
Pricing and Availability:
MPX Master Tape Native - MSRP $200
MPX Master Tape TDM - MSRP $300
Introductory price: $99/$149