Mr U-He sent us a note to let us know that the new version of Zebra 2.5.1 (Mac/PC) is now available.
The Zebra synth has been held in high esteem by many serious synthesists for its massive creative potoential and routing possibillities. Howard Scarr - who works with on many major films with Hans Zimmer used it on a lot of Dark Knight and Inception sound duties.
(Check out our interview with Howard).
• adds more than 70 new factory presets (Howard Scarr)
• adds a bunch of Zebrify presets (Tasmodia)
• includes completely new, well-structured manuals
• adds two new spectral effects (Phase Distortion and Wrap)
• includes native 64-bit support for Mac AU and VST Win
• adds Cocoa view to AU version
• loud spikes while switching presets now eliminated
• improved timing stability for swing (affects LFOs and arpeggiator)
• improved timing for MSEGs
• improved CPU usage for RTAS (Mac) version
• RTAS (Mac) now supports ctrl+alt+cmd+click (“3-finger salute”) automation
• improved installers, take Win7 permissions issues into account
• Zebralette is now freeware, includes extra presets (also by Howard)
• various bugs and niggles fixed, minor GUI improvements
• upgrade from Zebra1 AU is now free
Seamless audio and MIDI switchover between computers