Possibly the most comprehensive foot control system, gets a bunch of updates. SoftStep Music Software 1.2, MAX/MSP Dev Kit 1.0 and KeyWorx 1.3 editor.
New features as follows:
SoftStep Music Software 1.2
KMI is pleased to announce the release of SoftStep Music Software version 1.2.
- New Easy Editor application lets the first time user set up a Scene in minutes
- Simpler User Interface
- Save from Hosted to Standalone and back
- Controller scripts for Abelton Live
- You can now set an initial value in Standalone
- Y and X inc/dec can be set from any source in Hosted mode
- MIDI program changes can select Standalone Scenes
- Table/Function has a per key general counter with an inc/dec/set function. Great for selecting from a few presets
- New Top and Bottom Key sources
- More options for the Nav Pad
- Loads faster and uses less resources.
- Save the entire Scene without any intermediate saves
SoftStep MAX/MSP Development Kit 1.0
KMI announces the release of our SoftStep MAX/MSP Development Kit 1.0 , a robust set of externals and examples that gives the Max and Max for Live user complete control over SoftStep.
- All raw data from the SoftStep is "cooked" to give simple control values for pressure, X, Y, Rotation, data latching, various trigers and more
- Sensor gain, data averaging methods, On - Off settings
- Users can control all 20 LEDs and send text messages to the alpha-numeric display
- Extremely efficient and fully documented
SoftStep KeyWorx 1.3
KMI announces the release of SoftStep KeyWorx 1.3, enabling complete foot control of a computer OS and applications inluding full text entry and editing. With a little practice users can enter text at double digit WPM with full character sets, numbers and punctuation.
- Text Mode can be enabled from any Key.
- User can pick "keyboards" with letters grouped by frequency of use or Alphabetical.
- Improved Drag and Drop functionality.
- Smoother cursor control