Cakewalk has announced the SONAR X1 Production Suite, which they describe as the most powerful and affordable professional music production suite on the Windows platform.
SONAR X1 Production Suite includes:
- SONAR X1 Producer precisely suited for today's music production with its unparalleled user interface design providing the very best in a clean and modern creation environment.
- SONAR X1 Expanded providing additional functionality that includes modular ProChannel capability, Softube's Saturation Knob ProChannel module, revolutionary FX Chains 2.0, SoundCloud integration, and Music XML support.
- PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate ProChannel Module expertly crafted and completes legendary, full channel strip functionality.
- Z3TA+ 2 next generation waveshaping synthesizer.
Here's the story in Cakewalk's own words...
SONAR X1 Producer is precisely suited for today's music production. Its unparalleled user interface design speeds up workflow and provides a clean and modern creation environment. At the heart of the new SONAR is Skylight, introducing a next generation workspace that ushers in a new level of simplicity, by providing an intelligent interface that moves beyond contemporary, single-window design and layout clutter. This special version of SONAR X1 rolls all the very latest updates into one clean installation.
SONAR X1 Expanded takes SONAR X1 Producer even further with exciting new production tools and delivery options that include:
- ProChannel Modularity -- SONAR X1 Producer's impressive ProChannel console strip already provides a number of options to get pro-studio sound in the box with its highly musical EQ, PC76 U-Type/classic FET and PC4K S-Type bus compressors, tube saturation, and flexible drag & drop routing. Now the ProChannel experience further expands with fully modular capability. ProChannel strips can be customized to have any combination of installed modules available on any channel. Favorite combinations can be set as default for tracks and busses.
- Saturation Knob -- Softube's Saturation Knob ProChannel module borrows from Softube's famous German FET distortion and compression circuitry modeling. And like their Passive-Active EQ design provides smooth, one-knob, frequency saturation operation for adding just the right amount of tube warmth to any track.
- FX Chains 2.0 -- Introduced in SONAR X1, FX Chains provide a powerful and flexible way to organize and create combinations of multiple effects including DSP-based effects. FX Chains 2.0 expands the concept from simple effects container to fully customizable plug-in interface, complete with user-definable skins. Knobs and sliders are assignable to any effect parameters within the chain and are available for remote control. Drag and drop FX Chains from the Browser, between tracks, or to individual clips.
- SoundCloud Integration -- Adding to SONAR X1's exceptional audio delivery options, users can now upload finished songs in any bit /sample rate from SONAR directly to SoundCloud by simply connecting to their SoundCloud account from within SONAR. Integrated SoundCloud support provides a simple and efficient way to share music with family, friends, and fans automatically via Twitter, Facebook, and other popular social media sites
- Music XML -- SONAR X1 Expanded supports Music XML, the universal digital sheet music interchange and distribution format. This new notation export capability is easily accessed in the Staff View. Once a composition is finished, simply export in Music XML format for use in popular notation programs such as Finale, Notion, and Sibelius.
The PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate Module is expertly crafted by the Cakewalk DSP team and rounds out our legendary, vintage-style, ProChannel modeling. The PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate Module features a classic design providing gate function to remove unwanted sound from a signal and upward expansion, employed by countless engineers to expand the dynamics of vocals and instruments. The PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate can be toggled between Gate and Expander mode, has standardized Threshold, Ratio & Range controls, and switches to enable Fast Attack and side chain input.
Z3TA+ 2 completes the SONAR X1 Production Suite. The legendary waveshaping sound of Z3TA+ (zay'-ta) is back – and better than ever. Z3TA+'s unmistakable signature sound has been used in countless electronic, trance, and dance productions around the globe for nearly a decade. The key to Z3TA+'s success has been its formidable sound synthesis generation engine, featuring unique per-oscillator waveshaping capability, vast filters, multi-stage envelope generators, morphing and advanced modulation matrix with powerful effects routing. Z3TA+ 2 features new filters, modulatable waveshapers, flexible effects, expressive control, a gorgeous new interface, and 1000 new patches.
Z3TA+ 2 Highlights
- Waveshaper is now an integral part of the Oscillator section with 4 new Waveshaping modes. All Waveshapers are now accessible via the modulation matrix opening up an enormous amount of new sound shaping possibilities.
- 4 new Filter modes bringing the total to 14 filter modes with separation control for tweaking resonance peaks on stacked filters. Both filters are readily accessible and visible simultaneously.
- New Graphically controlled Envelopes providing visual representation of all envelopes, mouse controlled ADSR, and improved naming and interface arrangement.
- New Graphical LFOs clearly show the resulting LFO shapes when morphing between two waves and the new AMOUNT fader quickly scales an LFO's intensity.
- New Graphical Arp provides visual display of Arp patterns, including 100 new patterns from Dance MIDI Samples. 50 new 'Gate' patterns, also from Dance MIDI Samples, instantly apply trance gates to synth pads and leads while Humanize and Swing controls increase total Arp flexibility and expression.
- Effects enhancements include: Simple drag and drop routing of all effects, new Hypertube distortion algorithm, and highly flexible distortion module routing (apply to filter busses and master section or both simultaneously).
- Real-time Expression is enhanced with Adaptive Pitch Bend which allows for the bending of notes within the key and mode performed; automatically learns key based on performance.
- All Waveshapers can be mapped to the modulation matrix opening up a whole new world of expression when mapped to velocity and bend controls.
- XY Pad speed control allows users to adjust the morphing speed of XY coordinates.
- Z3TA+'s legendary sound engine has been improved with a new 'HIGHEST' SRC algorithm providing smoother, more accurate interpolation of wavetables.
Pricing and Availability:
Cakewalk SONAR X1 Production Suite has an estimated street price of $499.00 U.S, and will be available exclusively at select music and sound retailers worldwide October 2011.
SONAR X1 Producer customers can purchase the SONAR X1 Expanded download for $49/€39/£35 (vat inclusive) from the Cakewalk store starting late September 2011
The PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate Module download can be purchased for $49/€39/£35 (vat inclusive) from the Cakewalk store late September 2011
SONAR X1 Producer customers can purchase the PC4K S-Type Expander / Gate Module with SONAR X1 Expanded downloads together for $79/€69/£59 (vat inclusive) on the Cakewalk store starting late September 2011.