Some details from Numark on the new Serato DJ Intro, an entry level way into what some describe as the Industry Standard DJ software. Though I think Native Instruments and Traktor might have something to say about that.
- Two tracks can be mixed simultaneously using traditional DJ controls - scratch, nudge, pitch bend, EQ.
- Serato Sync locks tracks together for seamless grooves.
- Serato Crates make audio file management easy and advanced iTunes integration gives you instant access of personal library and playlist information.
- Cue points allow you to quickly access specific parts of songs.
- Loops repeat selected sections and can create new intros, outros and extended mixes.
- DJ-FX will enhance any DJ set, allowing you to color songs and create unique sounding transitions.
- The Sample Player can play up to four short samples, audio loops, sound effects or full length tracks in addition to the two tracks you're mixing.
- Plug-and-Play connectivity makes it simple and fast to setup your supported Serato DJ Intro controller, computer and software and start DJing.
Serato DJ Intro 1.0.1 supports the following controllers:
- Numark MixDeck
- Numark MixDeck Express
- Numark MixTrack Pro
- Vestax Typhoon
- Vestax VCI-100 Mk II
Download for free (Mac and PC)