I guess if you dont own any of TC Electronic's excellent TonePrint pedals (see our review), then the whole programming your settings through your phone thing may have passed you by. Well its actually a pretty cool concept - you download the app to your phone, grab some TonePrint settings you like the look of - these are settings programmed by BIG NAMES for TC that access settings oinly available via some magic editor they keep in a special vault at TC HQ. You then hold your phone up to the pickups on your guitar, hit go and it "beams" the data through your guitar pickup into the pedal. Sounds kind of unlikely when you write it down, but its true....
Takes me back the days when you used to save patches on Cassette, but more convenient.
Previously, the app was only for iOS devices, but now Android has been included, which makes it one of the few Android audio apps to get some mainstream audio manufacturer lovin.
TonePrint App Main Features
• Beam any TonePrint in Seconds
• Fast. Flexible. Intuitive.
• Completely Free of Charge
• Cached files – No Internet Access Required
• Browse TonePrints by Pedal, Artist, Featured or Date
• Collect Favorite TonePrints for Super-fast Access
• Constantly Updated with New, Amazing TonePrints
• Artist Bonus Content – Videos, Images, Interviews, etc.