Updates to the Venue SC48 console system were announced for the show, We caught up with FOH engineer Robert Scovill (Tom Petty) to chat about what these systems can achieve.
Consisting of the SC48 console and new VENUE Stage 48 remote box, Ethernet Snake Card, and VENUE 3 software, the SC48 Remote System is an alternative to the all-in-one SC48, enabling engineers to place the I/O away from the console and closer to sources for optimal sound. And with fully redundant Ethernet AVB snake connectivity (the first in the live sound industry) over inexpensive, lightweight Cat6 cable, engineers get the utmost reliability—without the bulky cable clutter.
With the new VENUE SC48 Remote System, customers can:
- Get the sound, power, and reliability of VENUE in a flexible, compact system
- Gain extensive connection versatility, with 48 inputs and 16 outputs (expandable to 32), customizable between SC48 and up to two Stage 48 remote boxes
- Attain pristine audio quality, as mic preamps can be placed as close to sources as possible, eliminating long analog cable runs
- Get highly reliable transmission through low-latency, open standard Ethernet AVB, delivering fully redundant, all-digital connections through standard Cat6 cable—at distances up to 100 meters
- Record and play back up to 32 channels in Pro Tools (included) with just a FireWire-equipped laptop
- Bring the sound of the studio to any live performance with fully integrated plug-in support—no external cables or computers needed
- Load show files created on any VENUE system—no matter the configuration—for full show file portability
VENUE Stage 48
The Stage 48 remote I/O box will also be available as an add-on option (along with its companion Ethernet Snake Card) to existing SC48 users, enabling them to get more flexibility from their system and:
- Move existing SC48 I/O to Stage 48 for a more cost-effective remote I/O solution
- Get the best possible sound quality with the I/O closer to sources for maximum fidelity
- Increase reliability and reduce cable clutter with fully redundant Ethernet AVB connectivity
- Connect a second Stage 48 to SC48 for more distributed I/O versatility