Sinevibes has announced a major update for Frequency, an AudioUnit effect plug-in for creating unique synthesizer sounds. A spokesperson told Sonic State, "Its sound generation concept is based on a dual oscillator with additive waveforms and waveshape modeling, whose pitch comes from the built-in note sequencer and dynamics are taken from the input signal. With this combination, Frequency transforms any rhythmic material into a lively synthesizer instrument, all via a simple, color-coded interface."
New version 1.2.0 brings the following features and enhancements:
- Completely new user interface
- Reworked graphics engine for much faster user interface response
- Step markers with contrasting even/odd beats
- Top bar indicating plugin title and version
- Running sequence position marker
- Re-calibrated envelope follower and oscillator filter algorithms
- Two new pulse oscillator waveforms
- Improved host synchronization
- New "harmonics" control slider
- Support for parameter automation begin/end gestures
- New preset patches
Frequency works with any Mac software that supports AudioUnit effect plug-ins and requires OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard or Lion.
Pricing and Availability:
Frequency 1.2.0 is immediately available as a free update to all existing users. New customers can purchase it for $29 or as part of the complete AudioUnit pack with a 50% discount.