Studio Devices tells us that their new reverberation plug-in, VLX-1, was modeled after a well known and widely spread low-budget 9.5-inch reverberation unit produced in the late 80s and early 90s for small studios with limited budget. We guess that's the Lexicon LXP-1 then...
A Studio Devices PR person had this to say, "As most of these vintage devices, also the VLX-1 is a mono-to-stereo reverb and features the very same sound of the original unit using convolution processing. The idea behind the VLX-1 is pure nostalgia and brings one of the formerly most used reverberation units inside the DAW-world. Many low-budget hit-productions around 1990 used exactly this sound for their very own special character. It also fits harmonically to the good old home recording-style of sound."
- 12 reverb types with 16 reverb lengths each (192 Effects)
- Reverberation times from 100 ms to 50 seconds (!)
- PreDelay parameter
- High frequency rolloff paramter
- Nostalgic sound of the 80s and 90s
- Modeled after the original device using convolution processing
- Full multicore compatibility
- Runs with latest VST-Bridge and JBridge on 64-Bit systems
Pricing and Availability: