Fairlight has announced the release of a range of new options for its flagship EVO series of post production consoles.
Mechanically, the EVO changes are ergonomic improvements and modifications to allow a greater degree of user installation customisation. These include:
- Chassis-less configuration, for mounting in customer's own furniture
- Variable monitor viewing angles – screens can move in a 20 degree range
- Speaker and utility shelves mounted at the rear of the console
- Multiple variations in console raking and elevation._ The mechanical changes now support a range of new electronic options including:
- A music keyboard bay accommodating either 25 or 61 notes integrated with the new Dream v4 sound design and sampling software
- An optional video sub-panel for use in applications such as metering and monitoring
- A sophisticated GPI/O system, either in-console or externally mounted.
Fairlight CTO, Tino Fibaek, told Sonic State, "The most significant of these changes is the addition of a music keyboard harking back to the roots of Fairlight in sound sampling over 30 years ago. The combination of these new mechanical and electronic options make the Fairlight EVO series consoles the most versatile on the market."
Pricing and Availability: