Fairlight has announced the upcoming release of Version 4 of its Dream software range.
Dream v4 will be shipped with all new Fairlight systems from June this year and provided to existing customers covered by Fairlight's software support contract.
Tino Fibaek, Fairlight's long-standing CTO, told Sonic State, "Version 4 contains many new features, options and enhancements along with over 100 improvements suggested by our customers."
Key features incorporated into Version 4 include:
- Sound Design Software (SDS) – a integrated sampler designed for Post Production
- Mouse-based editing enhancements
- Dedicated single-screen GUI design for compact installations
- Speed increase and new features for the Audiobase sound FX database
- Improved dynamics attack range, plus side-chains and MaxLinking across groups
- Customisable Surround Formats including AudioWorks-3D
- More VCA groups with more features
- Audition sound from Windows Explorer, directly on the project timeline
- In context replacement of audio in P2 files
- Mixer UI updates
- Import of selected mix automation data from other projects
- Support for remote control via tablet apps.
Fairlight say that their commitment to transparent video workflow also takes another step forward with the option of P2 and AVCi MXF file handling in the Version 4 release.
Pricing and Availability:
See main text.