SKYLIFE has been in touch to tell us about an update to its stand-alone loop editor and auto-loop processor WaveRobot to version 4.19. It is now available with optimized support for Mac OS X and Windows 7 (64 bit).
A spokesperson told Sonic State, "With WaveRobot you can turn every audio file into a musical loop. The different loop modes and crossfades give you a lot of creative freedom to shape the loops to your needs. When editing loop points you always see all relevant information about tempo and bars/beats. You can visually edit loops, zoom into waveforms in high speed and overlay the left and right side of a sample to see all shared zero crossings. Furthermore WaveRobot is equipped with highly-developed algorithms for precise auto-loop detection. You can also switch directly between different loop search results. If you need to create seamless sustained multi-samples, WaveRobot can work as an auto-loop batch processor in conjunction with SampleRobot."
New Features of V4.19
- Improved Mac OS X support.
- Improved Windows 7 (64 bit) support.
- New auto-loop processing with much better performance and results than previous versions.
- Optimized note markers transient recognition.
- Move whole loop including all crossfades.
- New embedded version 4 manuals, premium instruments information and version history.
- General improvements of the graphical user interface.
- Professional Auto-Loop recognition and loop editing for wave files (incl. loop search and pattern markers).
- Supports crossfade loops, forward-backward loops and combinations.
- Alternative Auto-Loop search results are directly accessible.
- Tempo-based and beat-based loop marker editing.
- Automatic functions for truncating silence at the beginning and at the end of the waveform.
- Comfortable editing: Fully scalable and zoomable editor window.
- Fast waveform zooming and marker editing (even during playback).
- Graphical overlay of stereo left and right waveforms in real-time.
- Graphical overlay of associated loop regions in real-time during marker editing.
- Autogain crossfades for optimum crossfade loops without volume-change during crossfade.
- Intelligent zero-crossing functions.
- Audio format: WAV up to 24 Bit, 192 kHz.
- Loop/Crossfade/Release-Sample rendering.
- Batch processing capabilities in conjunction with SampleRobot.
Pricing and Availability:
$79 / £49 / 59 €