Skatik is a collection of instruments, sound effects, percussion kits and looped digital freak-outs sourced from a heavily circuit bent Casio SK-5.
Puremagnetik tells us that the most interesting on-board sounds have been multi-sampled and then recorded in circuit bent variations. They say that the system sampling engine was exploited for it's lo-fi specification (8bit/9khz) and then under-powered to create exceptionally textured sound effects and percussion kits. At one point during Puremagnetik's modifications they unlocked a mysterious tweak that caused the internal SK-5 sequences to re-arrange themselves randomly and to loop irregularly. They tell us that these bizarre tonal oddities have been meticulously looped and programmed into three large instruments for endless experimentation.
• A complete circuit bent Casio SK-5 synthesizer emulation
• Hundreds of high quality samples
• Ableton Live Racks with precise incremental controls
• Kontakt KSP easy edit GUI
• Logic EXS version includes Channel Strip Settings with Logic effects
• EXS Universal file format for easy importing into any audio host
• Requires Ableton Live 8.3, Kontakt 4, Logic 8 or EXS24 compatible host
• 200 MB of physical RAM
• 100 Megabytes (MB) of free hard disk space
Pricing and Availability:
More From: PUREMAGNETIK
DC Coupled means eurorack friendly!
Richard Nichols gives us a detailed overview of their new oscillator
Richard Nichol was on hand to show of the new pieces in the Lifeforms range
It looks kinda like SMR but it is definitely not!