Even though the Novation Launchpad was designed to control a specific DAW - Ableton Live -, it can be configured to work as a generic MIDI controller. With Lauflicht Stepsequencer from Cie, you can use it as a plugin for Renoise - a multi platform DAW for Mac, Windows and Linux.
With version 3.0 you can link multiple Launchpads together to create a monster GUI.
The full version is $29
Features in V3.0
- multiple Launchpads support: cascading your Launchpads will extend the steps of the step sequencer! E.g. two Launchpads connected by the plugin will result into a 16 step hardware step sequencer.
- pattern load mode: load one of up to sixteen stored patterns in real time into the step sequencer. You could even mix the tracks of two different patterns. The pattern load mode enhances the variety of sequencing in live situations.
- easier installation - automatic detection of the Launchpad(s), no Midi settings in Renoise needed
- settings of the control matrix can be stored and loaded on the fly
- new free demo version with Launchpad support
Thanks to Edd for the information