Quite possibly the coolest product video from Roland in years, the new RC-505 Loopstation was pre-announced via the Roland Connect website moments ago.
The new RC-505 looper gets a groovey demo from a brilliant beatboxer who I am ashamed to say I don't recognize. The RC-505 offers five stereo tracks of looping with input effects including what sounds like a synth pitch tracker and filter.
- Tabletop Loop Station that can be operated with the hands, perfect for beatboxers, vocalists, and club performers
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Wide range of Input FX and Track FX for processing loops, including DJ and sampler-style effects
- Independent play mode and tempo sync settings enable a flexible combination of track behaviors and advanced performance options
- 99 phrase memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- 85 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
- External control via MIDI and optional footswitches or expression pedal
- USB for phrase import/export with computers; USB audio/MIDI functionality for integration with DAW software
- XLR mic input with phantom power, mono/stereo instrument inputs, and stereo AUX input
ETA June 2013, price £529
You can be sure we'll be paying a visit to the Roland booth for a closer look at the Musik Messe.