Soniccouture has announced their latest product, Clav, which they describe as a state-of-the-art reproduction of a Hohner D6 clavinet.
A spokesperson told us, "A surgical approach to sampling the instrument involved specially modifying the instrument to provide separate outputs for each pickup, and add an input to the switchable D6 preamp EQ. This allowed Soniccouture to sample each pickup separately, which is how they are presented in the final virtual instrument. This makes it possible to precisely emulate the
phase switching of the original instrument, as well as adding the unique ability to pan pickups in stereo, and to bypass the preamp for a clean 'direct output'."
• 9.6 GB library (5 GB with Kontakt NCW compression)
• 14, 800 samples , 24 bit 48 khz sampling
• 5 octaves: 60 notes, from F1 to E5
• 31 velocities on all articulations; straight, mute, release, and mute release
• Intelligent round robin, switchable.
• Modeled impulse responses of Hohner Clavinet D6 preamp / filters.
• Control over individual pickup gain and pan, with direct out
• Sound design presets included
• Demo MIDI files included
• Custom effects panel with MIDI controllable wah-wah effect & Soniccouture impulse
response reverb library
• Compatible with free Kontakt Player 5 - VST AU RTAS
Pricing and Availability:
Available now as Download, priced EUR 99 / USD 119
INTRO OFFER : Get £10 / €15 / $20 Off MSRP ENTER CODE : ISMELLFUNK
Offer ends 05/07/2013
More From: SONICCOUTURE
PreSonus unveils third-generation StudioLive Series III consoles
Richard Nichol was on hand to show of the new pieces in the Lifeforms range