Gospel Musicians has released the Talkbox Jr. sample and synthesis library for the UVI Workstation. They tell us that the Talkbox Jr. is a tribute to the legendary sound of the late/great Roger Troutman and is a sample library featuring the most important vowel sounds and phrases from the classic talkbox sound of the 90's. In keeping with the 90's theme, the library also contains some of the classic synths, basses, leads, and organ sounds of that time.
A spokesperson told us, "The library also includes the 'official' talkbox lead patches from the Yamaha DX100, which has been used by talkbox enthusiast all over the world. These patches are designed to be used in conjunction with your mechanical talkbox. Now, instead of using the smaller 49-key keyboard to feed the talkbox sounds, a user can use the sample library with any controller they wish. The UVI Workstation also sports a multiple synthesis engine; as a result, we converted many of the lead, bass and talkbox sounds into wavetables. This allows for greater sonic possibilities when used with Pulse-Width-Modulation."
• 7-Vowel Sound Presets.
• 5-Keyswitch Phrases.
• 3-Scat Phrases.
• 24-Talkbox Patches to be used with a real Talkbox.
• 22-Bass Patches.
• 20-Lead Patches.
• 6-Organ Patches.
• 22-Synth sounds.
• AMP Section with velocity curve and velocity sensitivity controls.
• Filter Section with cutoff, resonance, key tracking, and drive.
• Tone control for talkbox formant tonal changes.
• Multiple portamento and glide modes.
• Dedicated Sub Oscillator.
• Instant Octave switch.
• Multiple Mod wheel sources (LFO, Tremelo, Vibrato, Filter).
• Multiple Effects section (Analog Chorus, 8-band EQ, Ping-Pong Delay, Analog Crunch, Cross Phaser, Drive, Stereo Spread, Auto-Wah).
• Includes the enhanced Spark Reverb from MachFive.
• Mastering section with a Compressor/Gate and Mastering section with tube.
• Each category of sounds can be switched without loading.
• Wavetable synthesis patches with digital options (PWM, Detune, Stereo, Spread Phase).
Pricing and Availability:
Talkbox Jr. will be on sale for $99.99 until September 9th, 2013.
After one year in the repair shop, the Elka Synthex returns to Sonar Traffic
Mr Kyteman gives a performance and a rundown of the modular rig he used for performance at Modulation
Transistor Sound Labs show off their Stepper Acid