Eventide has announced a new studio-quality microphone pre amp plus effects loop in a compact stompbox form factor. They tell us that the Mixing Link fits neatly on a pedal board or in a backpack, making the wide world of guitar stompbox effects available to vocalists. Shipping in December, the Mixing Link will be available from authorized Eventide dealers and at Eventide.com.
Tony Agnello of Eventide and Manifold Labs, had this to say, "Our pedals were designed for guitar but most of the effects really work well for voice. The Mixing Link makes it rather easy for singers to connect to most guitar stompboxes and, with its high quality mic pre, it's at home both on stage and in the studio"
• High Quality - Microphone preamplifier with FX Loop in a compact from factor
• FX Loop - Effects send/return accommodates balanced and unbalanced signals and interfaces with consoles or guitar pedals easily
• FX Footswitch - Latching or momentary footswitch control of effects loop for performance effects
• Works with a wide range of microphones including condenser and ribbon microphones with up to 65dB of clean gain
• Aux I/O - Connection supporting stereo input and mobile device send level
• Guitar amp output and headphone monitor output with separate master volume control
• International universal 9VDC power supply included, or 9V battery
• 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
• Balanced XLR output which supports DI and Line levels (-10dB to +18dBu)
• Instrument and balanced line level inputs (-10dB to +18dBu)
• Versatile mix control supports 3 modes of operation –
• 100% microphone plus effects
• microphone/effects balance (effects mix)
• 100% FX (no microphone)
Pricing and Availability:
Available December 2013
Looks interesting - I would love a comparison review with a pigtronix keymaster http://www.pigtronix.com/products/keymaster/
13-Nov-13 01:47 AM
The Keymaster doesn't have a real mic preamp so isn't capable of achieving the same goal.
09-Feb-14 12:15 PM