Sinevibes has announced a 2.0 update for its Torsion AudioUnit plugin for OS X. They tell us that the hybrid synth has received a completely new user interface with much improved colors and ease of use, multiple new modulation and processing options, as well as new factory presets.
The full list of changes in Torsion 2.0 includes:
- Entirely new user interface with more convenient layout, drastically increased ease of use, and better visibility in daylight.
- Separate fine pitch control per each oscillator.
- Oscillator pitch modulation range increased to three octaves (up from one).
- Oscillator level now affects the waveform display.
- New trapezoid LFO waveform.
- Added 1/48 note LFO rate option.
- New distortion effects module with sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog-style saturation, and Bode frequency shifter.
- New delay effects module with stereo modulation and dual filter.
- Disabling of idle oscillators and effect modules to reduce processor load.
- 20 new preset patches.
- User manual in PDF format.
Pricing and Availability:
Torsion 2.0 is immediately available for $49 as an AudioUnit plugin for OS X 10.6 or later. It is also a free update to all existing users.