Single Cell Software has announced the release of Caustic 3. The update is available on Google Play and the app is also out for the first time on iOS
Caustic 3 is a music creation tool inspired by rack-mount synthesizers / samplers rigs. Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
- Subsynth - Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
- PCMSynth - Multi-sample wave synthesizer
- BassLine - 303-like monosynth
- BeatBox - 8-channel sampling drum machine
- PadSynth - Harmonic table pad synthesizer
- 8BitSynth - 8bit equation solver synthesizer
- Modular - Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
- Organ - Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
- Vocoder - 8-band harmonic vocoder
- FMSynth - DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
The app also includes:
- Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (16 effect types)
- Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects
- Master section with parametric EQ and limiter
- Song sequencer
- Supports automation on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying recorded automation curves.
- All files are stored on the user-accessible storage, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder.
- Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
- The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2) and FL Studio mobile instruments (.instr, .ZIP).
- Class-compliant USB MIDI controllers can be connected via USB OTG cable on devices running at least Android 3.2 and supporting USB host mode.
Pricing and Availability: