Peavey Electronics has announced the immediate availability of the new Peavey FX2 Series mixers. They say that, with twice the processing power of the original FX Series, these mixers feature new, Peavey-exclusive technology to enhance live sound reproduction and project studio recording. Hee's Peavey's description of the FX2 Series:
Stocked with all the features for pro mixing, the affordable FX2 series includes essentials like Silencer™ mic preamps, which allow very high gain with low noise and distortion for crystal-clear signal reproduction. The four pre-fader auxes per channel provide four monitor mixes, while the two post-fader auxes are ideal for adding effects (built-in or outboard).
These mixers also include dual DSP engines that allow multiple simultaneous effects assignable to any channel via aux 5/6. Onboard effects include reverb, reverb enhanced, delay, compression, expander, de-esser, chorus, flanger, tube emulator, vocal enhancer and gate.
The digital output processing section includes Feedback Ferret® Feedback Eliminator, dual 5-band Parametric EQ or dual 28-band Graphic EQs, digital delay lines, and dynamics/limiters. The output section can be configured for Stereo, Dual Mono or Subwoofer mode with a built-in electronic crossover.
The FX2 series features dual USB 2.0 ports, and the "A" USB connector allows streaming of digital audio directly to a computer or memory stick as well as exclusive, built-in MP3 compression. You can record your rehearsals, songwriting sessions or live performances directly to an inexpensive USB stick – no other hardware needed. The system also allows you to insert a memory stick to play back audio files.
FX2 Series Features:
• High-power dual DSP engine with improved digital effects and output processing including Feedback Ferret®, 28-band GEQ/5-band PEQ, delay and limiter
• USB 2.0 "A" connection to record directly to or play back from memory stick
• USB 2.0 "B" connection for streaming digital out
• 3-band EQ with sweepable mid-frequency and variable low cut filters
• 2 stereo channels with dual mic/line inputs
• 48 volt phantom power
• 6 Aux sends
• 4 subgroups
• 100mm faders
• Double the processing power of the original FX Series
• All new switching power supply design is more efficient than the original
• Silencer™ mic preamp XLR inputs
Pricing and Availability:
Available now. See local Peavey dealer .
Jörg Schaaf takes us through their new digital oscillator
We talk to them on the eve of their first performance