Waves factory has released W-Glockenspiel for Kontakt 4.2.4 and above. Here's how they describe it...
A glockenspiel is a percussion instrument composed of a set of tuned metal bars arranged in the fashion of the keyboard of a piano. It's small and high in pitch. Very common on orchestral music, but also in pop/corporate/indie tracks.
We sampled full sustain hits and glissandos using 4 different mallets:
- Soft: rubber.
- Thin: wood.
- Hard: plastic.
- Sharp: metal.
- Recorded in a completely dry recording studio with up to 12x selectable round robins, up to 4 velocity layers. Sampled chromatically with no pitch shifting.
- Attack/release controls. Playing with the attack you can get very different results.
- Recorded with 2 microphone positions, close and room, controllable directly on the interface using a slider that crossfades between the two signals.
- Round robin reset keyswitch (green) and a dampen keyswitch (red) to stop all voices applying a fade out.
- For Kontakt 4.2.4 and above.
Pricing and Availability: