Virsyn has released their microTERA synth for the iPad. A spokesperson told us,
"Waveshaping Synthesis is a type of distortion synthesis that can create dynamic spectra in a controlled way. In waveshaping, it is possible to change the spectrum with the amplitude of the sound. A simple example of this method is the clipping caused by overdriving an audio amplifier.These simple method creates an astonishing variety of sounds which are very unique and can't be reproduced by any other contemporary synth! microTERA gives you also a method of getting randomly generated sound patches in a way you never experienced before: roll the dice! Every single try gives you a new unique sound patch, really every try, promised."
• Wavehaper with user programmable shape
• Spectral shape specification
• Three sine oscillators
• Feedback input for noise components
• 4 Low frequency oscillators
• 4 Envelopes with tempo sync
• 64 time/level segments per envelope
• Monophonic or polyphonic with 16 voices.
• Over 150 factory sounds
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Can trigger single notes and chords.
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited useer arpeggios possible.
• For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note order
• Distortion (Tape/Tube/...)
• Audiobus compatible (Input slot)
• Inter App Audio compatible.
• CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
• Audio recorder with Metronome.
• Upload to SoundCloud and File Export.
• Audio pasteboard.
Pricing and Availability:
$9.99 on the App Store.
More From: VIRSYN
These folks make great apps. Can't wait to check this one out too!
26-Feb-14 12:32 PM
If only they'd make a resynthesizing Rack Extension for Reason. I'd buy it in a second.
26-Feb-14 02:25 PM
Marc St Regis takes us through the new line of eurorack modules