PluginBoutique, in collaboration with Credland Audio, has announced their first plugin release - BigKick. A spokesperson told us, "The drum kit is the rhythm and groove of any track and the kick drum is the heartbeat of the groove. We know how important it is to get the kick drum right in the mix of any dance track and we believe from our own experiences and the feedback from our customers that it was about time there was a piece of software that gave us the flexibility to achieve the results we have always wanted."
Here's the details in PluginBoutique's own words...
BIGKICK is designed to make kick drum design fast, easy and enjoyable. It has a carefully selected set of features to help you get results quickly. And, unlike many other tools, the controls are limited to values that produce useful kick drum samples. It also lets you make the best possible use of existing sound libraries you have.
• Hours have you spent searching through your sample libraries for kicks?
• Times have you layered several kick drums together and still not got the result you were after?
• Phase issues have you come across when layering kicks?
• Times have you wanted complete flexibility over the low end and attack of your kick?
• Achieve great bottom-end: design a drum that fits perfectly with your bass.
• A quick and frustration-free solution: cut out hours of hunting through samples.
• You can reuse your existing drum sample library.
• Incredibly useful instant drag-and-drop sample export: Get your attack, blend with the synth engine - drag straight from the plugin into your DAW arrange.
• No complex envelopes to set, just sensible knobs for instant results.
• Kick drum synthesis -- can replicate the majority of today's and yesterday's kick sounds*.
• Factory library includes 300+ attack types and 110 presets
• Tuned kick drums
• Easily integrates with your existing sample libraries
• Easier to use than any previous kick drum design tool
• Drag-and-drop sample creation
• Auto-play mode for instant start and jamming
• No phase shift free sound shaping
• High pass filter, again, phase shift free - avoid nasty surprises in the bottom end.
Audialize, Cutline, Daniel Daly, D-Product, Freemasons, Jamie Anderson, Jim Credland, John Lead, Kris O'Neil, Niche Audio, Rasmus Faber and Timo Garcia. With some extra input from Nick Sentience.
Audio Unit 32-bit and 64-bit
VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit
AAX 64-bit only.
OS X 10.6 or later
VST 2.4 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows XP SP3, Windows 7, Windows 8.
AAX 64-bit Windows 7 or later only
The plugin is 750 pixels high. As a result it may have minor issues in some sequencers on some netbooks and very low resolution monitors.
Pricing and Availability:
See website for local pricing.
Two new additions to the StudioLive digital mixer/recorder series