OverTone DSP has released the DYN4000 Channel Dynamics Plug-In for Mac and Windows.
Based on channel dynamics processing from one of the best-known British recording consoles, the DYN4000 comprises compressor / limiter and expander / gate sections.
The plugin includes a true RMS side-chain detector, while the compressor provides a switchable soft / hard knee characteristic, ensuring smooth onset of compression at the threshold point or more aggressive dynamics control on demand.
Switchable fast attack settings are provided as is variable programme dependent release.
An expander / gate section provides a 1:2 downward expander or a 1:infinity gate setting with threshold hysteresis.
- Soft / Hard Knee switch: Smooth onset of compression at the threshold point or more aggressive dynamics control on demand.
- True RMS side-chain detector: Feedforward design with RMS detector accurately determines signal dynamics.
- Programme dependent release: Variable release time adapts to programme dynamics.
- Switchable fast attack: Switchable 10:1 attack time-constants for fast transient control.
- Expander / Gate: Gentle 1:2 downward expander or 1: infinity gate for more demanding control.
- Threshold hysteresis: Variable gate hysteresis dependent on gain reduction prevents gate 'chatter' while allowing instruments to decay more naturally.
- DAW ref. level compensation: Switchable 'DAW' option re-aligns auto makeup gain to typical DAW levels while keeping the virtual analogue alignment at -18dBFS.
- Physical Control Weighting: Replicates the 'feel' as well as the look of high quality rotary controls.
- DPI-aware GUI: Windows UI automatically upscales for system settings above 96dpi, improving usability on a wide range of different screen sizes and resolutions.
- Compact UI: As intuitive and easy to use as an analogue console channel dynamics, without adding unnecessary on-screen clutter.
Pricing and Availability: