TC-Helicon says that, since its launch in January, VoiceLive 3 has quickly proven itself the ultimate 3-in-1-performance system for vocal processing, guitar FX and phrase looping. They have now announced a new firmware update based on user comments and artist suggestions - improving several functions, including a wide variety of fixes, tweaks and upgrades. They tell us that the biggest overall change is to the feel, accuracy and musicality of the onboard looper, which is destined to make a massive difference for live performance.
Product Manager, Tom Lang, had this to say, "Customer feedback over the last few months has been essential in helping us produce this update and we're pleased to offer it. The response to the Beta versions we've posted has been hugely enthusiastic with users reporting vastly improved feel and a more rewarding overall looping experience. We went through 50 internal test versions to get it exactly how we wanted so, especially regarding the looper, it's a real game-changer."
New Update Features
*Looper – Timing precision of record, overdub, swap and playback increased for more natural looping.
* Looper - Allow smart sync from any loop to any loop (A used to have to be the master)
* UI - Added Loop Input options for STEP and Switch-3 (watch the video for an explanation of how it works)
* Looper - Playback position easier to see (larger/wider bar)
* Looper - Added input and sync mode indicators to the looper screen display
* Looper - Improved sensitivity of waveform display (less likely to show no waveforms with lower level input)
* Looper - More accurate tracking of free space available
* Looper - Added warning for no loop space remaining
* Looper - Show warning if user turns off MET in quantize mode (MET on/mute is required for Quantize to work properly)
* UI - Added popup for loop input changes via STEP and Switch-3
* UI - Added current Key/Scale display to Home screen
* UI - Updated USB drive detection
* UI - Reduce Mixer screen timeout duration
* UI - Added "speedbump" detent to any parameter with symmetric values. *In english* If the parameter goes equal distances one way and the other, like Pan, it'll stop in the middle now. It makes it much easier to get "back to 0".
* UI - Added expression pedal vocal level target
* UI - Store LED now lights when store page is active
Pricing and Availability:
More From: TC-HELICON
A new type of synthesis that allows control via an audio input