Zynaptiq has announced that they will be previewing their upcoming plug-in, UNMIX::DRUMS, at Musikmesse booth A91, Hall 5.1, in Frankfurt, Germany, April 15-19. This is what they have to say about it:
UNMIX::DRUMS is the world's first plugin that allows suppressing or boosting drums in mixed music, in real-time. Using advanced source signal separation technology (a.k.a. demixing, unmixing, sound extraction, sound isolation), UNMIX::DRUMS provides drum level control that ranges from up to +18dB of boost to virtually complete removal. Sporting an intuitive multi-level GUI, frequency dependent control of key parameters, Zynaptiq's highprecision analyzer display, M/S operation and an output limiter, UNMIX::DRUMS opens up exciting new options for mastering, music production, sample-based music creation, mashup artists, remixers and DJs.
Applications for UNMIX:DRUMS include:
• Balancing drums against the rest of a song in mastering.
• Restoring dynamics to over-limited music in mastering.
• Unique EQ alternative for mixed music.
• Suppression of drums in sampled audio to remove "clashing" or "flamming" when
mixing with new content.
• Drum extraction for creating new drum-kits
• Drum removal for Mash-Up creation
• "Drum Kill Switch" for Dj applications
• Pre-processing for voice extraction or similar applications
UNMIX::DRUMS supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz, mono and stereo, as AAX native, AU, RTAS and VST, on Mac & Windows.
Pricing and Availability: