TC-Helicon has released a major set of user-requested feature updates for its flagship processor platform: VoiceLive 3 & VL3X. This is the story in their own words:
Listening and drawing from real-life user feedback is part of TC-Helicon's DNA and the VoiceLive 3 platform has already seen its share of premium user-driven updates.
However, this is the first firmware upgrade since the release of VoiceLive 3 Extreme (VL3X) and it brings together a unified list of feature improvements and additions that will thrill users of both VL3 and VL3X.
The update adds completely new functionalities to the multi-track Looper section with Import/Export of loops, a track-by-track loop mixer, plus it adds 40 extra loop slots to VoiceLive 3 for a total of 50. Even cooler, the VL3/VL3X platform can now detect the tempo of imported loops automatically, making it easier to continue the work on song ideas and keeping the loops in time.
New Features Overview
Import and export of loops
- Now users can play along to (and even record on top of) jam tracks, their favorite songs or any soundbite they can cut from a DAW
- Only uncompressed .wav files are supported (16/44.1, 16/48, 24/44.1, 24/48). 24bit 48K is ideal
- Control the levels of imported and recorded loops for the perfect mix. There is now a Loop Mix page on the Mix screen that allows users to control the levels of loop tracks A, B and C independently
- Saving the loop slot via UTIL + Save will store the mix values.
Automatic tempo detection
- Tempo information is exported with the loop if it was recorded on the VL3/VL3X
- Tempo is set automatically when an exported loop is re-imported
- Note that automatic tempo detection only works reliably for loops that are in standard 4/4 time
50 loop slots added to VoiceLive 3
MP-76 – allow preset scrolling with Mic Control buttons
Harmony Hold recorded into backing track sequence (only for VL3X)
Pricing and Availability:
The firmware update is available as a free download via VoiceSupport, TC-Helicon's app for PC/Mac.
Three new modules make up this years announcements