Zynaptiq has announced the immediate availability of WORMHOLE, which they describe as their otherworldly multi-effects processor plugin. Here's the story in their own words...
From beautifully shimmering detuned guitar widening and glassy ambient octave-shift tails, to surreal ambiences, starship drones, alien, monster, and robot voices -- WORMHOLE is Zynaptiq's new indispensable multi-effects powerhouse for sound designers, music producers and film composers alike. Combining ultra-clean pitch/frequency shifting, eccentric spectral warping, dual lush reverbs, and unique structural dry/wet morphing, WORMHOLE delivers sounds so unearthly you'll swear they're from a parallel universe.
The key WORMHOLE features at a glance:
• High-quality multi-effects processing, ranging from the sublime to the extreme.
• SHIFT: unique topology combined pitch-/frequency-shifting module with SMOOTH,
TIGHT, and two DETUNE modes – and a distinct, pristine sound.
• WARP spectral inversion & warping module.
• Dual lush randomized hall reverbs.
• Unique dry/wet morphing.
• Ultra-wide +- 4 octaves pitch-shift and +-4000Hz frequency shift range, fully aliasing free, with near-perfect carrier and side-band attenuation.
WORMHOLE supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz depending on available CPU resources, mono-in-stereo-out and stereo-stereo operation, as AAX native, AU, RTAS, VST 2.4 and VST 3, on Mac & Windows.
Pricing and Availability:
WORMHOLE is available now from the Zynaptiq website and authorized resellers worldwide, individually as well as as part of the ZAP II and DESIGN bundles. From April 2nd to April 30th, 2017, a special time-limited introductory price of USD 149 / EUR 169* is available, after which the regular SRP is USD 179/EUR 199*.
* All prices in EUR are quoted inclusive of 19% German VAT
We sat down with Rob to discuss the creative process and what lead him to using a modular
Seamless audio and MIDI switchover between computers