The Endorphin.es Shuttle is a collection of 5 Endorphin.es modules underneath one 84Hp face plate.
For this overview/review I wanted to make sure I was focus solely on this one instrument and so tried very hard to not do use any other modules. Hopefully I was able to show off a range of different sounds that this instrument can make.
I used the Roli Blocks in this video because I wanted a MIDI controller that could give me a lot of MIDI information in a small space, with maximum flexibility. The Blocks really allowed me to do this, which I was surprised about to be quite honest. Using Roli's Dashboard App I was able to customise what sort of MIDI data the blocks were outputting and then use this to my own advantage. Shuttle Control really is the bridge between two worlds that I never thought would overlap.
I found that by having the Shuttle Control programmer webpage open I could quickly and easily remake presets that would take full advantage of the MIDI data that the Blocks were outputting.
I did find that it took some set up at first, but once you have found a few presets that work for you, you can quite quickly start patching. I think that if you were really clever with your MIDI programming you could really almost automate massive parts of the system.
- Shuttle Control really is the heart of the Shuttle system, this is really where you can really change up how the system is operating. A 16 channel USB-> MIDI-> CV Interface with almost masses of possibilities for interpreting MIDI events into analogue control voltages-including CV / Gate, random or noise generators, MIDI or tap-clocks, utility LFOs and envelopes.
- Furthrrrrr generator is one hell of a complex oscillator, it gives you all the function of a Buchla style complex oscillator and more. For instance it has variable pulse width and ring modulation which many other complex oscillators to do not have. And it sounds fantastic!
- Grand Terminal is a dual voltage controlled gate with 8 resonant filter modes (ladder, diode, lpg, state variable, comb-dual envelope generators (voltage controlled) with looping / AD / ASR To GT without stretching the length of a certain slope (GT) -Cabin Pressure audio FX processor with 8 selected effects. This is really where your patch starts to take shape, the envelopes, filters and effects all come together to take your patch in a multitude of different directions. The effects and filters both sound great and can all go to extreme settings.
- Cockpit is a four stereo channel mixer with a sidechain ducking input. This allows you to take either stereo or mono channels and mix them down to a stereo 1/8" jack. It also has some interesting features for using a TRRS jack for a send and return effects loop.
- Gateway is dual 1 + 1 utility mixer and auto-tuners to scale, offset and invert voltages.
Price in euros is €2300.
For more info visit Endorphin.es
Affordable workstation type keyboard
Seamless audio and MIDI switchover between computers