Erica Synths tell us that they have released the Pico Voice module, which they describe as a versatile sound source just in 3HP. They tell us that they have also launched a new version of Fusion VCF and Fusion VCA for all the tube fans. Here's the details in their own words...
Erica Pico Voice is amazingly versatile sound source just in 3HP. It features 8 sound generation algorithms: Karplus Strong, Chords, Wavetable, TB303 bassline emulation, PWM, Supersaw, Wavefold and Harmonic saturation, with three adjustable parameters per algorithm and CV control over one user defined parameter. Despite the small size, Pico Voice sounds bigger than it is!
• 8 great sounding
• Manual and 1V/oct Tuning
• 2 adjustable parameters per algorithm
• Assignable CV control over algorithms
• User setting memory
• Colour coded algorithms selection
24dB/12dB Fusion VCF v2 is our take on the four pole lowpass filters. Each side of double triode drives signal between 2nd and 3rd stage of the filter, while germanium diodes are used to limit output signal. Result ultimately deep sounding VCF with unique character. Ingenious resonance volume compensation circuit and filter slope selection make this filter ideal for live performances.
• 4 pole lowpass resonant VCF with tube drive between stages
• Three input signal mixer
• Selectable 24db/12dB filter slope
• Signal drop compensation, when resonance is increased
• Germanium diode based output signal limiter
The core of Fusion VCA v2 is Russian miniature pentode with a power consumption comparable to an LED. We developed unique audio and tube control circuits, so Fusion VCA sounds like nothing you've heard before. Feedback adds harmonics to the original signal and acts similar to cutoff knob on VCFs and Deform knob controls amount of distortion in germanium diodes based circuit.
• Miniature pentode based VCA
• Manual VCA bias control
• Audio signal feedback control
• Germanium diodes/tube overdrive
• Waveshaping – signal deform
• 2 input signal mixer
• Overdrive flavour select switch
Pricing and Availability:
Pico Voice: 120€ (ex. VAT)
Fusion VCF: 290€ (ex. VAT)
Fusion VCA: 240€ (ex. VAT)
We sat down with Rob to discuss the creative process and what lead him to using a modular