John Bowen Synth Design has announced their first major OS feature upgrade for the Solaris synthesizer in quite a while, which they say is a'must have' for Solaris owners. They tell us that there's a number of new features and changes added with v1.3.1 OS:
1) Joystick position is now stored in the preset.
2) Assign buttons and Unison Chord stack now stored with the Preset.
3) A Random Tune parameter both in a preset and at the global level. This works per voice, and only affects the whole voice's tuning.
4) Preset names and categories of the current bank are now loaded into a memory cache, making selection and viewing of them faster.
5) New MIDI Realtime on/off in the global MIDI page to send/receive Start/Stop commands.
6) Ribbon now outputs MIDI controller on CC18 & CC19.
7) Solaris remembers the last presets selected when you turn it off, so it will resume where you were.
8) Global override parameters added for Sustain and Expression Pedals.
9) Changed the Mod Source listing of Ped1 and Ped2 to "ExpPed and "SusPed" to make it more clear.
10) The ribbon Offset parameter now works differently. It adjusts the "neutral" point from the left end to the right end of the ribbon.
11) FX Bypass now does not alter the on/off state of the Preset's effects parameters, but truly bypasses the FX bus, and stays bypassed when selecting through presets or using the Compare feature.
12) All remaining system bugs fixed. These include numerous display-related issues (parameters not being refreshed, wrong pages appearing where they shouldn't, etc..)
This new OS works with both detented and non-detented encoder front panels.
Pricing and Availability:
Solaris owners can download v1.3.1 from the Data Files section of the Solaris Forum.