Newfangled Audio and Eventide have released EQuivocate as a free plug-in for a limited time. A spokesperson had this to say about it, "Perfect for mixing and mastering, EQuivocate's auditory filters and match EQ functionality make it incredibly powerful, simple to use, and natural sounding. As EQuivocate uses filters that are modelled on the human ear, each of its 26 bands tickles a different part of the inner ear, making any combination of settings sound as natural as 'humanly' possible. Combining this with a linear-phase filter shape that reduces pre-echo makes EQuivocate an EQ with a difference that can clearly be heard."
- Simple yet musical, the 26 linear-phase auditory filters are shaped to approximate the critical bands of the human ear.
- Match EQ feature matches the tone of one track to another -- blend two tracks to sound like they came from the same source, compliment each other for better separation, or make a final master have a similar tone to a reference track!
- Click and swipe a mouse across the gain slider field to draw an EQ curve, then toggle CURVE DRAW off to fine tune.
- Use the OUTPUT level AUTO button to automatically compensate for level changes introduced by the EQ.
- Solo the output of one or more bands to easily find problem frequencies.
- Add or remove filters to customize the sound.
- Start with the included presets or create new ones -- use the COMPARE button to toggle between two unique settings.
- Includes artist presets from Richard Devine, Jeremy Lubsey, Alex Saltz, Sebastian Arocha Morton, Richard X, and John McCaig.
- Choose color scheme for viewing pleasure.
Pricing and Availability:
Free through October 31st (Regular price: $99)