We just love the way they pronounce Bastl Kastl, almost reason enough to buy one. Bastl Kastl 1.5 is a mini modular synthesizer priced at just €80.
Version 1.5 adds new features, including - micro USB power source, a new case, a new, improved sound core and new synthesis modes (including Helmhotz resonators) for a total of 6 modes.
Available to order now, priced at €80 Euros.
- complex oscillator
- 3 synthesis modes on the main output: phase modulation, noise mode, track & hold modulation
- 3 more modes on the secondary OSC output: phase distortion, tonal noise mode, formant synthesis
- PITCH control with offset and CV input with attenuator
- TIMBRE control with offset and CV input with attenuator
- WAVESHAPE control with offset and CV input
- voltage controllable LFO with triangle and square outputs and reset input
- stepped voltage generator with random, 8 step and 16 step loop mode
- 2 I/O CV ports that can be routed to any patch point
- the main output can drive headphones
- 3x AA battery operation or USB power selectable by a switch
- open source
- possibility of exchanging different LFO and OSC chips
- durable black & silver PCB enclosure