The West Midlands Synth Network has been in touch to tell us that their inaugural event takes place on Saturday 10 March 2018 as part of The Seventh Wave Festival of Electronic Music: Number 5.
They say that there is an opportunity for members of the public to take part in this event (have a dedicated space in the Modular Meet Room or set up something interesting in one of the side rooms).
The outline of this event is:
- Goody bags for the first 100 through the door
- Café area
- Live artists booked: Very Special Surprise Live Guest (announced on the day!), Marta SmiLga (from Latvia), Defunkt Dialekt, Earth Is Flat, John Biddulph, Darkroom, Andrew Heath, Phonsonic, Concept Devices, Axxent Opaque …… and a live ‘synth jam’ by the Leamington Spa Home Electronic Music Society
- Talks/demonstrations by Korg, Expert Sleepers, Infection Music and BIMM Institute Birmingham (BIMM will be taking over one of the rooms and creating the ‘BIMM Experience’).
- Birmingham based Giraffe Audio will also be curating a room and will be working with Source Distribution (who represent Arturia and Moog) among others (Dreadbox, ExpressiveE and Teenage Engineering).
- VJ, Musician and Birmingham based artist Leon Trimble will be curating a room.
- Some of the biggest names in the synth and modular world will have display stands on the day and will be bring along some amazing pieces of kit.
- In attendance will be Korg, Novation, Erica Synths (from Latvia), Expert Sleepers, Abstract Data, Infection Music, PMT Birmingham ....
- There will be a rolling 'video'/visual room and one or two special guests on the day as well.
Pricing and Availability:
Saturday 10 March 2018 (10.00 am to 5.00 pm)
Venue: The Birmingham & Midland Institute, 9 Margaret Street, Birmingham B3 3BS