The Focusrite Saffire is a good looking item â€“ the 10 in 10 out, ice white FireWire audio interface delivers the Focusrite sound in a high resolution -192kHz 24 bit solution with on board DSP for ultra-low latency.
Now V2.0 software enhances the package with:
- Enhanced 192kHz and FireWire operation
- Improved graphics contrast â€“ even easier navigation through SaffireControl
- Rollover help for SaffireControl in the form of Tool tips â€“ simply place your mouse over any function and an explanation of that function appears on screen.
- Improved interface clarity â€“ Mute, Solo Dim and Hardware control buttons (within the output mix sections) use a new, bright and clear colour scheme.
Saffire features at a glance:
- Ultra-low latency Firewire 400 interface with onboard DSP .
- 24-bit, 192kHz integrated A-D/D-A .
- Four inputs; two Focusrite preamps and SPDIF I/O .
- Eight balanced outputs for creating separate headphone/monitor mixes or 7.1 surround monitoring .
- Suite of Saffire-powered plug-ins; compression, EQ, amp modeling and monitor path reverb available on analogue inputs, for recording wet and or monitoring .
- Free accompanying software allows the engineer to create up to five unique stereo mixes of all incoming and recorded tracks .
- Plug-ins also available for use within the user's software platform .
- MIDI I/O