IK Multimedia have introduced the StealthPlug, a revolutionary cable-like USB audio card designed specifically for guitarists. StealthPlug provides an easy solution to plug any guitar into a computer and enter the world of PC-based digital modeling. Boxed with the guitar amp and FX processing software of AmpliTube Live and AmpliTube LE, the StealthPlug is both an audio card and a virtual amp with effects, for live play and recording, all in one.
Here are the main points of StealthPlug as told by IK themselves:
- StealthPLugâ„¢ is a compact, cable-like, USB audio card for guitarists to plug into the world of software based amp and effects modeling. The StealthPlug is an in-line guitar cable that serves as a USB audio interface with 1/4â€� jack on one side and USB on the other side. The StealthPlug also includes a mini-jack stereo output for headphones/amp/powered speakers, an indication LED and also volume buttons. With these features, StealthPlug provides guitarists with a simple connection to plug into their computer and easily start making music.
- Plugging a guitar into a computer and entering the world of software based recording, amp and effects modeling has never been made easier! install the software, plug the StealthPlug into your guitar and the USB port of your computer and youâ€™re ready to rock!
- The complete mobile solution for playing, recording and practicing live anywhere! The StealthPlug is so compact that guitarists can jam LIVE or use it within their preferred sequencer anywhere. The combination of StealthPlug with AmpliTubeÂ® LIVE/LE software makes a complete portable guitar amp and effects modeling solution, both as a stand-alone application and as a plug-in, for any Mac/PC laptop, desktop or rack computer.
- An affordable package with award-winning guitar amp and effects sound. An award-winning sound modeled after thousands of dollars of modern and rare vintage guitar amps and effects with a price like a guitar accessory; an incredible value for any guitarist.
- A huge setup in your computer that feels like an actual amp using StealthPlug with AmpliTube Live/LE. AmpliTube Live and LE allow you to combine 3 different Preamp models and related EQs with 3 accurately emulated cabinets, so you can precisely craft a wide palette of guitar sounds ranging from clean, to crunch, to lead. Up to 128 fully customizable presets are available and also a chromatic tuner is included, to stay in tune under any conditions. Guitarists can record their guitar tracks with AmpliTube LE, fully integrating it into their preferred sequencer as a plug-in for every format (RTAS, HTDM, VST, DX, AU).
StealthPlug and AmpliTube Live and LE features:
- Controls: Activity LED, Volume UP/DOWN buttons
- Connections: Ultra-low latency USB, Hi-quality direct Guitar IN, Headphone/Amp/Powered Speaker OUT
- USB bus powered
- Low latency ASIO and CoreAudio drivers
- 3 AMP models
- 3 CABINET models
- 4 effects models: Wah-Wah, Overdrive, Analog Delay, Spring Reverb
- MIDI Controllable features: Volume, Wah-Wah, Preset up/down
- Built-in Tuner
- Up to 128 Presets included
Minimum System Requirements MacintoshÂ® 866MHz Power MacintoshÂ® G4, with 512MB of RAM, Mac OS X 10.3 or later, 1024x768 screen thousands of colors. WindowsÂ® PentiumÂ® III 1GHz/Athlonâ„¢ XP 1.33GHz with 256MB of RAM, WindowsÂ® XP, 1024x768 screen thousands of colors.
Price & Availability StealthPlug will be available in the summer of 2006.