Precision Sounds have released Monzter Guitars II and tell us that it was developed to assist producers in their quest for getting that massive â€˜Wall Of Guitarsâ€™ without the need for a really good guitar player and killer engineering skills. They say that it features one of the worldâ€™s by far heaviest and most "sought-after" guitar sounds, ready to be played directly from your keyboard.
The guitar sounds were played and recorded by Thomas Johansson Using the gear listed belowâ€¦
- Guitar: Gibson Explorer 1994 with Gibson pickups with Planet Waves leads
- Amplifiers: Engl Fireball (modified by T. Folkesson) Mesa/Boggie Dual Rectifier, Peavey 5150 MK1, ENGL cabinet with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers
- Microphones: Shure SM57, Senheiser MD 421
- Preamps: Neve 1272, Manley Massive Passive
- Converters: Cranesong Hedd 192 with pentode and tape
The library contains multisampled Fifths, Fourths, Majors, Minors, Single notes and Effects both in separated programs and as a key switched program to instantly change articulations on the fly in your sampler.
All articulations have long notes with release samples in 2 velocity layers and staccato notes in 3 velocity layers, each half note has it's own unique samples.
There are 615 WAV files in the library divided into 7 programs.
Price and Availability:
Monzter Guitars II costs $75 (+$11 if you want it on CD)