Only a week or so after the updates on their CamelPhat and CamelSpace, Camel Audio have announced CamelCrusher - a new free VST and Audio Unit plugin. They tell us that CamelCrusher is a versatile 'colouring' multi-effect that borrows some features from its big brother CamelPhat. It offers two different distortion algorithms which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures.
Camel Audio say there's also a warm, smooth analogue-style low-pass filter, with resonance tweakable via MIDI controller and â€œthe easiest-to-use compressor you'll find anywhere that can 'phatten' up your sound as quickly as you can turn up the 'Amount' knobâ€�
- Two different distortion types.
- Warm, analogue-modelled resonant low-pass filter.
- High quality, easy-to-use compressor, with 'Phat' mode.
- Powerful 'MIDI Learn' function.
- A collection of useful Preset patches to get you started.
- Randomize for instant inspiration
- Available as a Universal Binary for Mac
Price and Availability
Available now for free download