Psychic Modulation have released version 3.0 of Cerebrum.
They say that Cerebrum is a sophisticated drumsynth/sampler hybrid groovebox with an onboard bassline synth. Each drum section has it's own dual A/B sequencer for beat-matching, as well as an Auto-Mix function. Designed with live operation in mind, Cerebrum can be used for making complex beats on the fly that can be randomized, mixed, matched and manipulated in a number of ways.
- 4 drum synth modules
- 3 drum sample synth modules
- 1 bass synth module
- Each of the 7 drum modules has it's own Wavlayer for layering with user samples
- 2 16-step pattern sequencers for each module
- Automatic beat matching functions for each sequencer
- 2 accent switches for each sequencer(for gain, reverse, glide, glitch etc.)
- 2 velocity grids for each sequencer(for pitch, level, filter, glitch rate etc.)
- 4 types of random probability for each sequencer
- Each sequencer has independant control of speed, direction, length, etc.
- Host sync
- Keybard mappings for drumlines, bassline and one-shot drums
- Polyphonic option for all synths as well bass sequencer
- Volume/Panning vectors
- Onboard drum mixer
- Multiple audio outputs (channels 1-6)
- 32 presets
Pricing and Availability:
Cerebrum is one of several instruments included in the Neurosynth Pack (a complete set of PM VSTis) - $79.95 USD
Cerebrum can also be purchased separately for $34.95 USD
More information and demo: